Stability and Guidance Through Rough Waters
Gupta Evans and Associates
A San Diego Based Law Firm
Objective Empathy, Open Communication, Education and Execution are the fundamental pillars upon which the Firm is built. Our goal is to effectively educate clients about the law and guide them on how to use the law to their advantage. In law, there are little certainties, but through educating our clients, we can help them understand the risks and the process. We then focus on executing our clients’ goals with skill and precision coupled with open communication.
Gupta Evans and Associates is a Southern California based litigation firm focused on corporate and real estate disputes, both in state and bankruptcy court. The Firm is built on the pillars of education and execution. Our goal is to first educate our clients about options in order to allow them to make an informed decision on how to proceed. Once the client decides to move forward, the Firm prides itself on its ability to execute at the highest standards while keeping the client informed every step of the way.
Ajay Gupta founded Gupta Evans and Associates, then Gupta Legal Center, over 10 years ago in 2008. Mr. Gupta graduated from the University of San Diego School of Law in 2005 and began his career with a boutique real estate firm in La Jolla, California focused on real estate title disputes.
Chris S. Evans is also a graduate of USD Law. Mr. Evans spent his first two years with a boutique real estate litigation firm in Los Angeles, California prior to joining the practice in 2015. Mr. Gupta and Mr. Evans developed an excellent working relationship and together quickly began to grow the Firm. In 2018, Mr. Evans became an equity partner of the Firm and Gupta Legal Center became Gupta Evans and Associates.
At its inception in 2008, the Firm focused largely on secured debtor and creditor matters in bankruptcy court. Since then, the Firm has grown and developed its practice around the areas of corporate and real estate litigation. Some areas where our office excels include:
- Commercial collections efforts, including the tracing of funds and/or fraudulent transfers;
- Commercial and residential evictions (unlawful detainer) and lease disputes with respect to both landlords and tenants;
- Partition Actions and boundary/title disputes;
- Bankruptcy matters including Chapter 11 actions, complex trust and bond related matters, preference and fraudulent transfer adversaries, jurisdictional matters, as well as non-dischargeability issues;
- Partnership and corporate disputes, including breach of fiduciary duty claims and dissolution actions;
- General real estate and business disputes, including breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, non-disclosure conversion and negligence actions;
- Hard money disputes between borrowers and lenders, including defense and prosecution of guaranty enforcement actions;
- Mishandled loan modification cases;
- Chapter 7, 13, and 11 bankruptcies, both creditor and debtor side.
Why choose us?
We provide customized legal solutions based on your individual circumstances.
The size of our firm and the breadth of our expertise allows us to provide you with expert legal counsel and personal service. Our big picture approach will allow you to visualize outcomes so that you can make an informed decision based not only on the law, but also what’s right for your business and family.
Gupta Evans and Associates is a full-service business and real estate litigation firm. The Firm’s expertise in bankruptcy law and civil litigation enables the Firm to adeptly navigate clients through various areas of the law in order to find effective, personalized solutions for each client’s particular legal needs.
Gupta Evans and Associates has helped clients navigate a vast array of real estate disputes ranging from the run of the mill breach of contract or eviction to complex boundary/title disputes or real estate non-disclosure matters. The Firm can also assist clients with general real estate transactional matters.
Gupta Evans and Associates will always remains firmly rooted in bankruptcy law, insolvency, dissolution and debtor/creditor rights. The expertise, quality and success exhibited over the years has allowed the Firm to become a well-respected pillar of the San Diego bankruptcy community.