Gupta Evans and Associates, PC, a law firm centered around civil litigation looking for an Administrative Assistant to work hand-in-hand with our attorneys, office manager and clients and undertake a wide variety of duties and responsibilities.
The proposed hours will be from 9:00 to 2:00 Monday through Friday, but is open to negotiation. We’re looking for 30 – 40 hours a week.
Qualifications (Skills, Education and Experience):
The qualified candidate must be intelligent, personable, exceptionally computer savvy, and be able to type 40 words per minute. The qualified candidate will possess the exceptional ability to multi-task on a wide array of projects of differing priority, and will be able to utilize good planning, organizational, problem solving and time management skills.
The ideal candidate should enjoy learning how to use computers to do a large variety of functions and projects, including website design and updates, graphic design, social media campaigns, video editing and basic Quickbooks functions.
While the Administrative Assistant will receive considerable direction from attorneys and paralegals, the qualified candidate should have the ability and motivation to work independently on assignments while looking at the big picture to identify what needs to be accomplished.
A Bachelor’s degree is recommended, however the equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered as well. 1 – 2 years related work experience; legal background a plus, but not required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate with clients, attorneys, court staff
- Maintain client communications and inform attorneys of messages/callbacks
- Input Client information into client management tools and database
- Arrange for the service of court documents and correspondence
- Print and Assemble Trust documentation
- Client Screening with regard to potential bankruptcy candidates
- Submit, receive and scan retainers to be organized electronically
- Maintain electronic case files and ensure client access
- Print and assemble documents for hearings and trials
- Facilitate the needs of Attorneys, Office manager, and paralegals
- Greet and assist clients upon entering office
- Communicate and coordinate with various marketing groups on behalf of attorneys
- Schedule networking meetings
- Log business cards in appropriate database
- Maintain and upload pictures and videos to Yelp, YouTube and multiple social media outlets
- Create and distribute surveys to former Clients
- Post articles and blog entries to the Firm website, Linked-In, and multiple social media outlets
- Mail out quarterly newsletter
- Answer phones, input potential client/lead information into appropriate databases, monitor follow ups on leads
- Create retainer agreements and track receipts
- Generate monthly reporting for practice metrics
- Maintain office supplies
- Scanning and filing of client documents and all correspondence
- Receive mail and ensure it reaches the appropriate individual
- Maintain phones, e-mail, website, and software updates on computers
- Pay bills
- Deposit checks
- Run credit cards
To apply, please e-mail your resume, as well as a paragraph or two about yourself (who YOU are) in the body of the email, to Michael Covington at: email@example.com.
Gupta Evans and Associates, PC is an equal opportunity employer.